Bhutan – an all inclusive guide
▪ Bhutanese Ngultrum (BTN)
▪ 1 INR = 1 BTN (Indian forex has one on one mapping with Bhutan)
▪ All main International currencies corresponding to U.S. Dollar, Pound Sterling, Euro, Australian Dollar and many others are simply convertible.
- Citizens of India, Bangladesh and Maldives with a legitimate passport want a allow out there at the purpose of entry
- All different International vacationers have to acquire Visa, which might be processed on-line
Traveller’s security index:
- One of the most secure place to be. Crime, petty thefts are minimal. Scores excessive within the security Index.
➢ Paro International Airport
Bhutan has just one International airport – Paro International Airport. National Air provider of Bhutan – Druk Air operates common flights to Paro principally by way of Kolkata, India.
➢ By Train/Road – This is how we did it.
- Pocket Friendly & filled with expertise.
- Bhutan is accessible by roads by way of Phuntsholing – Known because the Gateway to Bhutan, it’s the Bhutan facet of the Indo –Bhutanese Border.
- We took the next route to achieve
Kolkata – Hasimara (Train) – Hasimara
is a small city in West Bengal, India. The Indo – Bhutanese border is a 45min auto experience from Hasimara station.
Hasimara station – Jaigaon – (Auto) –Jaigaon is the Indian facet of the Indo –Bhutanese Border.
Jaigaon – Phuntsholing – Just stroll by!!
Important issues to recollect
All International Debits/Credit Cards don’t work in Bhutan. You would possibly need to affirm together with your Bank earlier than travelling to Bhutan. Thimphu is the very best place to fill up some forex as smaller villages and cities may not have ATMS.
Network connectivity is nice in Bhutan apart from distant valleys.
Most lodges in Thimphu and Paro have WIFIs however you wouldn’t discover web connection in the opposite smaller cities/villages.
When in Bhutan
Hog on the native delicacies
Chillies are an important a part of Bhutanese delicacies and therefore evidently Food in Bhutan is spicy. We tried a variety of native cuisines throughout our keep and following are the few necessities.
- Red Rice – One of the staple meals of Bhutan. This is quite a lot of rice which tastes nutty and is a bit of grainy.
- Momo – These heavenly Dumplings want no introduction
- Suja – The Bhutanese Butter Tea. A Frothy butter drink, salty in style. Different however well worth the attempt.
- If you eat non- veg, attempt Pork at any native restaurant
Hop across the native market
- The greatest technique to discover a rustic’s native tradition is to go to its native markets. Phuntsholing, Thimphu and Paro are the outstanding locations to do some memento buying.
- Wooden Handicraft and Hand-woven Textiles are superb in Bhutan
Our one week Itinerary
Day 1: Hasimara – Jaigaon- Bhutan
Day 2: Entr allow and attain Thimpu
Day 3: Explore Thimpu
Day 4: Day journey to Punakha by way of dochula move
Day 5: Thimpu to Paro by way of Chele la move and Haa Valley
Day 6: Hike Tigers Nest
Day 7: Explore Paro
Day 8: Leave Bhutan
You can learn the deatiled itinerary right here:
Places we stayed in Bhutan:
- Phuentsholing: Hotel Centinel
- Thimpu: Hotel Tandin
- Paro: Hotel Sonam
5 locations you cant miss in Bhutan:
Tigers Nest, the cliffside monastery:
Tiger’s Nest is Bhutan’s most sacred non secular website and one of many should locations to go to in Bhutan. Also generally known as Paro Taktsang, Tiger’s Nest is a fantastic Monastery hung 900 meters above on a cliff overlooking the spectacular Paro Valley. As legend has it, Guru Rinpoche flew to this website on a Tigress’ again to subdue native demons after which he meditated there for months. Guru Rinpoche is alleged to be the second Buddha and the one to introduce Buddhism to Bhutan.
Haa Valley, Bhuan’s greatest stored secret:
One of essentially the most lovely valleys of Bhutan and our favorite decide must be the Haa Valley. Approximately 65kms from Paro, this lovely hamlet is Bhutan’s greatest stored secret.
The Valley could be very near the disputed Indo China Border in Doklam and therefore was closed for vacationers until 2002. It was made out there for the general public in 2002. Not many individuals know of it, as a spot to be included of their Itinerary.
There are quite a few historical Buddhist temple round which makes the valley ideally suited for mountain climbing. Few hike choices are Yangthang – Hatey Hike, Bjungneydra – Kat – Sho, Gonpa Hike, Jyenkhakha – Jamtey Gonpa – Yangthang Gonpa Hike
Punakha Monastery and river rafting:
Punakha is round 80kms from Thimphu and is a 2-hour experience by highway. Punakha monastery is among the most scenic one alongside the river financial institution Pho Chhu & Mo Chhu River
If out of all the genres of journey, journey is your real love, don’t miss rafting in Punakha.
Imagine your self flowing with the present, all drenched whereas watching few uncommon birds of their most pure habitat together with the attractive Punakha valley on the backdrop. White water rafting is a unique expertise altogether. Pho Chu and Mo Chu rivers in Punakha are well-known for river rafting in Bhutan
· Just a little or No expertise is required for rafting on these rivers as there are licensed specialists who would guide you thru out the course. Specific directions are given earlier than driving the boat and off you go for an superb journey.
· The most memorable a part of the course is the purpose the place you may see the Punakha Dzong from the river. The Dzong seems lovely on the backdrop whereas rafting throughout.
Mountain passes are at all times lovely as a result of altitude nurtures tranquillity. Located at an elevation of 3100m, Dochula move is a story of bravery, valour, inspiration and spirituality. This place comes on the best way to Punakha from Thimpu
This lovely mountain move is situated on the best way to Punakha from Thimphu and one of the vital divine locations to go to in Bhutan.
• It was in-built commemoration of 108 Bhutanese troopers who handed away in navy operations of 2003.
• There are 108 memorial Chorten or stupas in-built remembrance of each misplaced soul.
Chele la Pass: the best motorable highway in Bhutan
Standing on the best potential highway in Bhutan wrapped in clouds and prayer flags, Chele La is enthralling. Located at an altitude of 3810m, Chele la hyperlinks the 2 Valleys of Paro and Haa
• Approximately 36kms from Paro and 27kms from Haa, Chele La is located in between the 2 valleys.
• Because of its altitude, pure path by forests with a view of Himalayas , Chele la is known for Mountain Biking and Trekking in Bhutan.
• The drive to Chele La is thru dense spruce forests. Depending on the season of go to, one could come throughout gushing waterfalls, blooming rhododendrons and yaks grazing.
• The mountain slopes on the best way to Chele La are lined in white poppy – a kind of flower solely discovered right here and nowhere else on the earth.
• Temperature on the Top is fairly chilly and staying lengthy turns into tough because of the altitude. Summers are chilling however clear and winters are blood freezing chilly.
• One a transparent day, one can view Mt. Jumolhari – one in all Bhutan’s most sacred peak, standing tall at 22,000 ft.
Pack your baggage and set out for Bhutan if you wish to disconnect for some time solely to reconnect once more happier than ever. The serene landscapes, lovely valleys, majestic mountains, pristine forests,soothing rivers, conventional life-style and warmest individuals makes Bhutan an expertise value each penny.