Travel to the US for non-US residents is till banned and that includes travel from Britain. Indeed anyone who has been in Britain within the previous two weeks will not be allowed in.
As yet there has been no reason to believe that this is about to change or even ease in the foreseeable future.
You may be able to enter via Mexico where you will have to spend14 days and that’s no bad thing especially in a holiday hotspot like Cancun.
However, there is currently a travel ban out of the UK so you will need to provide a compelling reason to leave and a valid work reason would work. If you are departing from England you will need:
- A Declaration of Travel – this proves you have a compelling reason. Get a letter of engagement from your client.
- Next, you will need to find a route to Mexico that does not involve going via the US. The US-Mexico land border remains closed to all but “essential crossings” until at least March 21st, 2021. Air travel between the United States and Mexico remains unrestricted and you can fly in with British Airways as the airline offers nonstop flights twice a week from Heathrow to Mexico City.
- Entry into Mexico does not require a test or quarantine. You will need to complete a health declaration form online at afac.hostingerapp.com. It will generate a unique QR code that will be scanned on arrival.
- You will need to show a negative Covid-19 test taken within three days of departure (or proof of recovery from the virus within the last 90 days). This will be checked at the Mexican airport before you fly to the US; the land border is currently closed.
- Entry into the US still requires a valid reason, and work is regarded as such.
When you get back to the UK you will need to comply with the entry regulations. This means you need to self-isolate for 10 days. However, this can be shortened to five days if on the 5th day you can show a negative Covid test.