Orlando celebrates Halloween with frights and fun all season long
Guests can celebrate for more than just one night as the Halloween Vacation Capital® offers a month-long period of ghoulishly fun festivities for everyone. This year’s haunted happenings include a host of experiences, such as all-new fright-inducing thrills at world-class haunted houses, themed adults-only night-time entertainment, family-friendly Halloween dining experiences and kid-approved celebrations. Visitors can also scare up some ‘fangtastic’ deals and packages from the destination’s attractions and hotels, ranging from 35% off to a stay in a Halloween-themed vacation home.
SPOOKY THEME PARK EVENTS
- Universal Orlando Resort’s Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Florida (Sept. 2 – Oct. 31) returns for a record-breaking 43 nights featuring 10 new, movie-quality haunted houses featuring everything from cinematic greats to original abominations, including the all-new “The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare,” inspired by the record-breaking “After Hours” album by The Weeknd; five scare zones filled with creatures lunging from the shadows; and two live shows (separate event ticket required).
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Walt Disney World Resort (Select Nights, Aug. 12 – Oct. 31) will make a frightfully fun return at Magic Kingdom Park. The family-friendly, all-ages, event will feature eerie entertainment that includes the Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular! at Cinderella Castle, Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular, Disney Junior Jam for young partygoers, Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade, the Trick-or-Treat Trail, Disney Characters in costume, and more than 20 favourite attractions with a Halloween twist. Guests are also invited to wear costumes, with some restrictions (Separate event ticket required).
- At SeaWorld Orlando, guests can experience two Halloween-themed events:
- Howl-O-Scream (select nights, Sept. 9 – Oct. 31) returns after its “inaugural fear” to terrorise guests at SeaWorld Orlando. Offering 28 nights of fully immersive fear, the separately ticketed event features all-new, fright-inducing haunted houses and scare zones; thrilling night-time coaster rides and experiences; an interactive bar; and an electrifying live show (separate event ticket required).
- Little ones can dress up in their favourite costumes to trick-or-treat and meet colourful Halloween characters at the SeaWorld Spooktacular (weekends, Sept. 17 – Oct. 31), a family-friendly daytime event included with theme park admission. Immersive family festivities include Halloween Storytime with Big Bird, themed crafts, Count von Count’s Spooktacular Breakfast and more (included with park admission).
- Brick or Treat Presents Monster Party at LEGOLAND Florida Resort (weekends, Sept. 24 – Oct. 30), a signature Halloween event included with theme park admission, will feature tons of candy, an all-new show line-up, never-before-seen exclusive LEGO characters and an all-new cinematic experience to create the ultimate family Halloween celebration (Included with park admission).
SCARES BEYOND THE THEME PARKS
- Screamin’ Green Hauntoween at Crayola Experience (Sept. 25 – Oct. 31) celebrates the Halloween season with a chock-full line-up of spooky happenings included with admission, such as a themed scavenger hunt, spooktastic crafts, character photo ops, trick-or-treating on the weekends and more. Add-on activities include pumpkin decorating and slime-making.
- The Outta Control Spooktacular Magic Dinner Show at WonderWorks Orlando incorporates special storytelling and tricks for a one-of-a-kind entertainment experience along with audience participation throughout the month of October.
- Pirates Dinner Adventure will feature the return of its Halloween-themed dinner show experience, Vampirates (Sept. 20 – Oct. 29). The show, centered around an evil gang of vampire pirates, will provide spooky fun for the entire family and feature post-show trick-or-treating.
Thrilling Experiences and Adults-Only Entertainment
- Scream n’ Stream Drive-Thru Halloween Experience, (select nights Oct. 1–31), a haunted Halloween drive-thru event, will return for its third year featuring seven horrifying zones to drive through complete with monsters, music, lighting and special effects.
- Renaissance Theatre Company will present the return of “Nosferatu” (Sept. 23 – Oct. 31) at the Ren in Orlando. The re-vamped adult horror experience, offering an entirely new concept from last year’s event, will feature a menu of signature cocktails and a cast of 22 vampire leads playing out engaging, scary scenarios.
- Teatro Martini, Pirates Dinner Adventure’s adult-only, burlesque-inspired dinner show, will receive a Halloween overlay throughout the season along with limited-edition specialty cocktails, variety of arts including pole dancing, hula hooping, comedy, magic and more.
FANGTASTIC HOTEL DEALS
- Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa will offer of up to 35% off on stays this fall as part of their “Spook-tacular Savings” promotion. The resort will also offer fun Halloween-themed activities throughout the month, a pumpkin decorating contest, Halloween movies, colouring contests and more.
- Hilton Orlando will offer a “Room With A Boo” package, featuring a $50 daily resort credit to enjoy terror-ific options throughout the resort including dining, spa, and the new Escape Room Experience, free parking and late check-out.
- Encore Resort at Reunion is offering an all-new Halloween vacation experience, “Stay A Spell: Broom & Breakfast,” featuring Halloween-themed vacation homes Sept. 1- Oct. 31. Guests can choose from three spellbinding options including Monster Party, Willow’s Harvest Hollow and Pumkin Palooza, as well as an array of festive activities throughout the season.
- Westgate Leisure Resort will offer guests a limited-time $25 Uber credit when booking eligible rates as part of a special Halloween hotel deal for visitors to experience Orlando’s Fall events.