Sights and Things to Do on Curacao, Netherlands Antilles
A journey tip about belongings you may like to do and see on Curacao.
– Queen Juliana Bridge, Willemstad. At 185 toes, that is highest bridge within the Caribbean (and one of many tallest bridges on the planet.) The bridge overlooks St. Anna Bay in addition to Willemstad. Note: The remark platform has been closed to pedestrian visitors.
– Queen Emma Bridge (a.ok.a “The Swinging Old Lady”), Willemstad. A floating pontoon bridge that hyperlinks the “Punda” (Point Side) and the “Otrobanda” (Other Side) of the Willemstad throughout the Sint Annabaai Channel. You get to see the bridge open and shut to away marine visitors into St. Anna Bay. (In the occasion the bridge is open for a chronic time, there’s a ferry service throughout the channel as nicely.)
– Christoffel National Park, A nationwide park that’s run by the by the Carmabi Foundation. Christoffel National Park is house to Boca Grandi, Indian caves the place you possibly can see work left by the Arawak Indians and Mount Christoffel. (At 1292 toes excessive, Mount Christoffel is the best level in Curacao.) Address: West Point , Tel: +(5999)/864-0363,
– Shete Boka National Park, A nationwide park additionally run by the by the Carmabi Foundation, Shete Boka is house to the “7 boca’s” together with Boca Tabla and Boca Pistol (also called “The Shooting Pistol”) In season, a few of the boca’s function sea turtle breeding grounds. Address: West Point, Tel: +(5999)/864-0444,
– Curacao Sea Aquarium, Home of the Dolphin Academy. This is likely one of the hottest sights in Curacao. If you want to do a Dolphin exercise e book as early as attainable! $entry value (relies upon on exercise you select BUT paying for an exercise (akin to one thing on the Dolphin Academy) will get you entry to all the Aquarium. Address: Bapor Kibra Z/N, Tel: +(5999)/461-6666,
– Hato Caves, Open 7 days per week, with excursions 2 instances a day. Coral and limestone caves that was carved out beneath the ocean and born when the ocean stage dropped. There are lovely stalactite and stalagmite formations in addition to water swimming pools and a waterfall. The cave can be house to a colony lengthy nostril fruit bats. (Because of the colony, pictures is proscribed and not allowed in sure chambers.) Address: F.D. Rooseveltweg Z/N, Tel: +(5999)/868-0379.
– Curacao Ostrich & Game Farm, Santa Catharina. The Curacao Ostrich Farm is likely one of the largest Ostrich farms exterior Africa. The tour takes you across the ostrich pens and incubator. Meat from this farm is shipped to Aruba (Ostrich is a crimson meat, which is excessive in protein and low in fats.) Address: Tel: +(5999)/747-2777.
– Fort Amsterdam, The seat of the Netherlands Antilles, Fort Amsterdam sits on the mouth of the harbor on the finish of the Sint Annabaai Channel on the purpose. The advanced has eating places, retailers in addition to the Governors Palace. Address: Punda Side, Willemstad.
– Fort Nassau, was constructed on the hill to defend each St. Anna Bay in addition to a part of the town of Willemstad. The fort is open for excursions and there’s additionally a restaurant that overlooks the bay. Address: Willemstad
– The Floating Market, the “floating market” is definitely a mini boat fleet that is available in from Venezuela and sells extremely contemporary fish and fruit at the perfect costs. Address: Punda Side, Willemstad.
– Mikvé Israel-Emanuel Synagogue, the oldest synagogue within the western hemisphere, with a sand ground and museum containing historic artifacts Address: Tel: 599-9-4611067,
– Museum Kura Hulanda, open Daily from 10:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. This anthropological museum chronicles the African slave commerce in addition to the cultures of Curacao. Entry: $9 Address: Willemstad. Phone: +5999 434 7765
– Postal Museum, Willemstad.
– Maritime Museum, Willemstad.