Travelling to Gibraltar? All you need to know for a hassle-free trip
Gibraltar, a British territory, is a little little bit of Britain on the Med with year-round sunny days. Yet, amazingly it has been roughly ignored by holidaymakers in favour of Spain subsequent door.
Thatâs all altering now that this tiny nation aka The Rock has made its debut on the UK inexperienced checklist from the inception of the visitors gentle system successfully catapulting Gibraltar into the touristic limelight.
Its standing on the inexperienced checklist implies that these which were double jabbed donât need to have a PCR check to enter and there’s no need to quarantine when again in Blighty.
Indeed Vijay Daryanani MP, Miniter of Tourism for Gibraltar is encouraging and stated:
Gibraltar is like house. English is spoken, pound sterling is the forex. You donât have to change your cash, there isn’t a fee on financial institution playing cards and itâs the identical as if you are paying again house. Plus purchasing is VAT free.
So if you are tempted make sure that you get the paperwork proper.
Here is what you need earlier than you go
Note: Be prepared to present all of your documentation on the airport, there and on the return journey:
- You will need proof of your vaccination standing â you have to be absolutely vaccinated
- You should full a Passenger Locator Form earlier than you journey. Keep an eye fixed on accuracy. You can discover this on the Gibraltar Government website.
- From there you shall be directed to a hyperlink to guide a FREE check on arrival on the airport in Gibraltar. You will need proof of this.
If all of your paperwork is accredited on the airport check-in you shall be given a slip of paper with the phrases âGood to Travelâ to present on the gate. On arrival on the airport.
At the airport, you shall be given a FREE Covid-19 check. It is fast and simple and you get outcomes inside the hour by textual content and e mail. You are free to head to your lodge within the meantime.
For the journey again to the UK you should:
- Complete one other Passenger Locator Form. This could be completed on the UK Government website
- Pre-book your Day 2 Covid check. When you do that you will get a reference quantity which have to be included on the Passenger Locator Form.
- Undergo one other Covid-19 check 72 hours earlier than journey. This prices Â£30 and is run on the airport. You get the outcomes inside the hour by textual content or e mail. You will obtain a certificates this time which you will need to present on the airport.