WIN a fabulous weekend trip to Nottingham for two adults and up to two children worth £300.
Visit Nottinghamshire and The Travel Magazine are offering one lucky winner a fabulous prize to enjoy a weekend of fun and frolic in the city of Nottingham.
The prize, valid between 1st August and 30th November 2021, is for up to 2 adults and 2 children aged 12 and under includes:
- An overnight stay in a family room at the De Vere Jubilee Hotel including breakfast
- An evening meal with drinks at Zaap Thai Street Food up to the value of £100
- Entry to Nottingham Castle, opening summer 2021 following a £30m transformation
- Entry to the brand-new Titus: T-rex is King exhibition at Wollaton Hall
How to enter
To enter, simply enter your details and agree to sign up to The Travel Magazine and Visit Nottinghamshire newsletters before June 21st, 2021.
There’s plenty to keep you entertained in the vibrant and historic city of Nottingham. The prize, which is available for up to two adults and two children, includes a complimentary meal, entertainment and even an overnight stay – all you need to do is get there.
Your example itinerary could be to arrive either on Friday or Saturday afternoon at the De Vere Jubilee Hotel, set within 65 acres of lakeside grounds and close to Nottingham city centre. Drop off your things and relax, then make your way to Zaap Thai Street Food, which is either a 10-minute taxi or 35-minute walk from the hotel.
The restaurant will transport you to the bustling streets of Bangkok with its neon lights, funky Thai artwork and tuk-tuk tables. The restaurant, which has a large and varied menu of tasty Thai street food, is great for both adults and kids.
Enjoy a comfortable night’s sleep and complimentary breakfast at the hotel, and then head out for your day of fun at Nottingham Castle and the new “T-rex is King” exhibition at Wollaton Hall.
Situated on the historic “Castle Rock”, Nottingham Castle was a major royal fortress in the Middle Ages but was later burnt down by rioters in 1831 and left as a ruin. The castle closed for a major refurbishment in 2018 and has just been through a spectacular £29.8m transformation, opening its doors to the public on June 21st.
At the castle, you can learn more about everyone’s favourite Nottingham legend in the immersive Robin Hood Adventures, and explore the castle’s mysterious underground cave network.
Finally, head over to the brand new Titus: T-Rex is King exhibition, which is showcasing the first real Tyrannosaurus rex to be displayed in England for over a century. See the mighty beast’s skeleton and marvel at its sheer size, strength, power as well as those razor-sharp gnashers!
You will also be able to explore the legend of the T. rex, learn the truth behind the myths about this iconic dinosaur – and perhaps decide if in fact he was covered in scales, feathers or both.
Terms & Conditions
- One winner will be selected and the prize is available for two adults and up to two children.
- The prize is valid from 1st August 2021 – 30th November 2021.
- Extension of validity is not permitted.
- The prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. No cash alternative will be offered and is to be used by the registered prize winner.
- The winner must be aged 18 years or over.
- There are no cash alternatives to the prize in whole or in part.
- Prize excludes transportation to and from Nottingham.
- Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, rules, opening times etc are subject to change.
- The competition organiser is Marketing Nottingham, 1-4 Smithy Row, Nottingham NG1 2BY
- The prize includes a hotel stay at De Vere Jubilee Conference Centre valid for two adults and up to two children (aged 12 and under) for one night’s stay, including breakfast. The hotel stay is subject to availability.
- The prize includes tickets to Nottingham Castle for two adults and up to two children. Also included in the prize is entry to the Robin Hood Adventures and a Castle Caves Tour. Prize tickets must be booked in advance and cannot be used through walk up admissions. Admission to Nottingham Castle is through timed tickets and winners must book a time slot and arrive during this time slot. Nottingham Castle Trust accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete. Additionally, Nottingham Castle Trust accepts no responsibility for entries that cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Nottingham Castle Trust accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize. Nottingham Castle Trust will not re-use or distribute your personal data. By entering the prize draw, you agree to the collection, retention, usage, and distribution of your personal information in order to process and contact you about your prize draw entry, and for the purposes outlined above.
- The prize includes a meal for two adults and up to two children at Zapp Nottingham, up to a value of £100. The prize is valid at ZAAP Nottingham only and will be issued in the form of vouchers.
- The prize includes entry to the Titus T. rex is King exhibition for two adults and up to two children. Entry is for the exhibition only and the winner will need to book their time slot in advance. As the prize consists of entry tickets for a specific date/time, it must be taken as agreed. If the winner is unable to attend on the agreed date/time, it will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, however, prize winners may forfeit their prize. The prize does not include travelling expenses or any accommodation. Car parking charges apply on site.
What else is there to do in Nottingham?
Follow in the footsteps of Nottingham’s famous outlaw Robin Hood and discover a city steeped in history and legend. This is a city of a thousand hidden gems, from intriguing caves to curious alleyways, secret bars to boutique arcades.
Wander around its ancient streets, gaze up at stunning Watson Fothergill architectural treasures and explore award-winning parks and green spaces. Experience a vibrant music and arts scene and dine alfresco on cuisines from around the world – all in the heart of England.
To find out what else you can do during your weekend stay in Nottingham, check out our 48 hours in Nottingham travel guide.